Tuning forks for healing work on the basic principle that everything in the Universe vibrates. The concept of sound healing with tuning forks is possible because the human body is made up mostly of water. It is not solid.
Since our bodies operate on rhythm and harmony, disease indicates that your being is no longer in balance. Tuning forks help to restore this balance by triggering the body’s immune response to start healing itself.
This guide explores everything you need to know about how to use tuning forks for healing and how they work.
How Do Tuning Forks Work?
To understand how tuning forks and sound therapy work, you first need to understand the structure of the human body. Contrary to what you might believe, our bodies are not solid, even if it feels like they are. 55-60% of your body is water, and water is an excellent conductor of sound. This makes the body the ideal medium for sound resonance.
Sound vibration travels through the body to help unlock energy blockages which, in turn, increases the flow of Qi resulting from relieving stasis. Tuning forks are an effective way to apply sound to the body.
Sound therapy targets tendons, muscles, bones, trigger and reflex points, and acupoints, all of which help to disperse or align Qi. This, in turn, provides pain relief and attunes the body on a cellular level.
Different forks have different effects on the body’s circadian rhythm and internal biological clock. They allow our bodies to reset and synchronize with our natural cycles, restoring homeostasis and balance. Homeostasis is at the core of physical, mental, and spiritual healing.
Tuning forks are rich in powerful vibrations and resonance and work to support and connect to the body’s natural frequencies.
The fork’s sound waves travel deep into the body’s tissues along the energy pathways directly responsible for human physiology. They unlock your sense of space, memory, balance, and healing.
Tuning fork therapy stimulates and balances the body’s physical energy biofield to promote inner harmony and healing, which, in turn, helps to rejuvenate the body, mind, and spirit.
Benefits of Tuning Forks for Healing
Some of the benefits that come with the best tuning forks for healing include the following:
- Resetting the body’s internal biological clock, also known as the circadian rhythm. It stimulates homeostasis to bring the body back to a state of natural balance. Once your body achieves homeostasis, it can start healing physically, mentally, and spiritually.
- Promoting deep relaxation and restorative sleep.
- Generating vibrations that resonate with your spine. This allows the body to repair its DNA structure creating new, healthy cells that promote good health.
- Distributing Qi in the body through the unification of all the different energies that exist within you. By activating Qi, energy can flow freely to all areas of your body to promote healing.
- Increasing bone density and reducing inflammation in strained tendons and muscles.
- Balancing your nervous system.
- Integrating your right and left brain allows your thoughts to flow freely, removing any mental fog you might have.
How to Use Tuning Forks for Healing
There are two ways you can use tuning forks for healing and positive vibrations:
1. Using an Unweighted Tuning Fork
An unweighted tuning fork looks like your run-of-the-mill instrument tuning fork. It has a stem and two long tines (prongs). An unweighted tuning fork produces a clean, crisp sound with laser precision and is used off the body to target the surrounding biofield.
Unweighted tuning forks are quite effective in calming the mind and nervous system and are known to ease physical discomfort and trigger emotional shifts. To use it:
- Strike it with a mallet or tap it on a rubber puck to activate the fork. Once you do, you should be able to hear the sound vibrations clearly.
- Next, position the fork over the problematic body parts without coming into contact with it. Hover it above this area, ensuring the vibrations get into your body.
- When the sound starts to fade, reactivate the tuning fork and repeat the steps as many times as you need.
2. Using a Weighted Tuning Fork
A weighted tuning fork has little weights attached to the ends of the tines. The weights on top are supposed to amplify the vibrations by pushing down the prongs into the stem when placed on the body.
Weighted tuning forks have proven effective in relieving nerve and muscle tension and joint pain when used regularly on the body’s trouble areas. Unlike unweighted tuning forks, weighted ones are placed directly on the body, allowing the vibrations to enter deep into the body tissue.
To use a weighted tuning fork:
- Activate it by striking it with a mallet or tapping it on a rubber puck. You should be able to feel the vibrations.
- Next, place the stem-end of the fork directly onto the problematic area of your body. You should be able to feel the vibrations going in, creating a soothing sensation.
- As the vibration intensity begins to fade, strike it again with a mallet or tap it on a rubber puck to reactivate it.
- Repeat the process as many times as you need.
Although tuning forks are typically used on the body for healing, you can move them around your space to stimulate energy movement in areas of your home that feel stagnant.
Tips for Using Tuning Forks
Here are a few important pointers to keep in mind when learning how to use tuning forks for healing:
- Don’t strike the tuning fork on hard, solid surfaces such as concrete or steel. The force might break the prongs.
- Always keep your wrist flexible when holding the fork by its stem. You should also ensure that your fingers remain relaxed to avoid straining them.
- Bend your elbow while holding the tuning fork to prevent tension from building up in your arm during your healing session.
- Always hold the tuning fork on its side. That way, you strike only one of its prongs and not both. The U-shape design of tuning forks allows both prongs to vibrate.
Tuning forks are a great way to “tune up” your body, mind, and spirit when there’s disharmony within you. They help restore balance in your being, creating a conducive internal environment for healing and repair. The tips in this guide will help you learn how to use tuning forks for healing.
In the meantime, have you heard of 432 Hz tuning? Read more about it here.